Social Access Package

The Social Access Package is available to Care Home residents and Lifeline customers who are referred to us via Social Services.

You can also usually get our Social Access Package if you receive one of the following:

*This means the person claiming the Universal Credit doesn't receive any earnings from employment or self-employment during their Universal Credit assessment period.

Anyone applying must provide us with proof of financial support / Care Home residency / Lifeline status with their application.

The person eligible (as above) must also be the person whose name is on the bill.


Who can't have it?

We can't provide you with our Social Access package service if:


What is it and how much does it cost?

If you receive financial support, our Social Access Package is a simple, low cost landline telephone service to help you stay in touch with the people important to you.

It costs £5.10 a month and there's no connection charge. It also includes both 20 local geographic calls per month and 60 minutes of calls to numbers beginning 084 or 087.

Once this inclusive allowance has been used, calls are charged until a total spend of £10 is reached. This means customers pay a maximum of £10 a month for calls, subject to a fair usage policy which can be viewed in the General Notices here.

Contracts are for 12 months. There is no early contract termination cancellation fee.

The default way to pay for this package is by Direct Debit, however other payment methods such as KCOM Budget Scheme, cash or cheque can be accepted.

For further pricing information including call charges, click here.

Customers eligible for our Social Access Phone tariff can also choose from our Basic or Lite broadband package.


Applying for Social Access Package

Call us on 01482 602555.

You'll need to fill in an application form and return it to us with some personal information. We need this information so we can check your records with the Department for Work and Pensions. These records help us to find out whether you are eligible for SAP.

If we need any more information, we'll contact you. If we have everything we need, we'll tell you whether your application is successful. If you don't qualify, we'll write to you to let you know.

If your circumstances change and you're no longer in receipt of one of these benefits, you must notify us so we can review your entitlement to SAP.